Titan Kogyo Environmental Policy
As environmental concerns and interests continue to grow throughout the world, Titan Kogyo Ltd. shall contribute to society through the manufacture of inorganic pigments and related services. Furthermore, Titan Kogyo Ltd. shall take steps to prevent environmental contamination, reduce our environmental impact and preserve our natural surroundings, and consider these measures as important operational and managerial issues.
- 1. Environmentally sound and sustainable development
- We shall establish environmental goals and targets, regularly review them and work hard to constantly improve our environmental management, in order to grow economically while maintaining harmony with our environment.
- 2. Preserving the environment and maintaining safety with our products
- When introducing new products and new technology, we shall consider the environment in our preliminary evaluation, ensure the safety of the products and take the necessary steps to prevent environmental contamination.
- 3. Reducing our environmental impact
- We shall promote energy saving, resource saving and recycling. In addition, we shall not only reduce our environmental impact but take steps to preserve the environment.
- 4. Working with the community
- We shall adhere to all applicable legal requirements and other requirements related to the environmental aspect of our company, and we shall cooperate and work with the community.
Note, we shall keep all concerned parties and employees informed about our environmental policy and conduct regular reviews. In addition, we shall disclose information as necessary to requests made by other parties outside the company.
March 4, 2021
Yasuo Inoue, President of Titan Kogyo, Ltd.
ISO 14001: 2015 Certification
We acquired certification for the international standard ISO 14001: 2015 in our environmental management system on August 7, 2017.
(Note, our first certification was for ISO 14001: 2000 on August 4, 2003.)
1. Certified locations
- Head Office – Ube Plant
- 1978-25 Oaza Kogushi, Ube city, Yamaguchi prefecture
- Ube Development Center
- 1804-1 Oaza Tsumazakigaisaku, Ube city, Yamaguchi prefecture
2. Scope of environmental management system
Research and development and manufacturing related to titanium oxide, iron oxide, ultrafine titanium oxide and inorganic composite materials.
3. Certifying organization
Japan Chemical Quality Assurance Ltd.
DBJ Environmental Rating Acquisition
On May 31, 2021, Titan Kogyo acquired the Companies with Sufficient Environmental Initiatives Rating, part of the DBJ Environmental Rating offered by Development Bank of Japan Inc. (DBJ) and we have obtained loans based on this program.
We will move forward in realizing a sustainable society by reducing environmental load through energy conservation, waste reduction, prevention of marine pollution, etc. and by combining the resolution of environmental issues with the improvement of our corporate value.