Micaceous iron oxide
Because it has a high refractive index of about 3.0, the light reflectance of particle surfaces is high, and it exhibits excellent properties as a material that gives resin a sparkling appearance. Furthermore, the thin plate-shaped particles have good dispersibility as well as excellent orientation in coating films, extreme thermal stability, and non-toxicity.
AM-200 Micaceous iron oxide properties and applications
|AM-200 Micaceous iron oxide properties
|AM-200 Micaceous iron oxide applications
- Because it has a high refractive index of about 3.0, the light reflectance of particle surfaces is high, and it exhibits excellent properties as a material that gives resin a sparkling appearance.
- The thin plate-shaped particles have good dispersibility and excellent orientation in coating films.
- Because they are an oxide and their two main constituents are iron and aluminum, they are extremely thermally stable and non-toxic.
|Paint, plastics, printing ink, cosmetics, and more
AM-200 Micaceous iron oxide coloration
Paint coloration (PWC = 25%, film thickness approx. 30 μm)
Spectral reflectance of Al-MIO powder
While synthetic MIO absorbs short wavelengths of light at wavelengths of 580 nm and shorter, Al-MIO absorbs light at wavelengths of 540 nm and shorter.
Blending ratio of paint for coating film forming
Reflectance spectrum of Al-MIO powder
Basic properties of AM-200 Micaceous iron oxide
Note: These data values should not be regarded as specification values.
|Main constituents and content
|Particle size (μm)
|Avg. particle size (μm)
|Avg. particle thickness (μm)
|Specific surface area(㎡/g)
|Stable at pH of 2 (normal temperature)
|Stable at pH of 13 (normal temperature)
- *These data values should not be regarded as specification values. Additionally, the information provided is subject to change without notice due to performance improvements, specification changes, and other reason.
- *Before using these products, be sure to test them in advance at your company in order to check if they conform to your usage purposes.
Also note that the applications featured here are not guaranteed to be free of infringement upon any and all patents.
Click here to contact us regarding our products.